Monday, September 24, 2007

Starting to Feel like Home

I had an interesting couple of weeks. Chrissie and I have been doing a lot of traveling in Guatemala lately. When we travel it seems that we are always running a lot of errands in the same places. Last week we took a couple of days to enjoy some time with friends who came from South Carolina. As we were walking in the lobby of our hotel, one of the hotel employees said, “Hello, Mr. Coreano.” Many of you may know I am a simple person. You can call me just about anything, but don’t call me late for a meal. Chrissie looks at me and says, “Do you know him?” And I said “He works at the front desk.” I thought to myself we come here way too often (mostly because this hotel is where teams spend their last night). Yesterday, we were walking through the local mall and I spotted a man walking towards us. I recognized him and we exchanged greetings. Chrissie looks at me and says, “Do you know him?” And I said, “Yes he is the manager of the Toyota dealership where we get the RMI trucks serviced.” Then today, I had to go and get the tire for the truck looked at and repaired. I took Marissa with me and the same man from the mall was there. He came over and greeted Marissa and myself. How interesting that Guatemala is starting to feel like my home. And why shouldn’t it as we are no longer strangers, but starting to become locals.

*Enrique

2 comments:

The Burtons said...

Just a quick question....When are you going to be done with the adoption process???? HA HA HA I just had to do it......Wayne

The Burtons said...

Seriously though....just want to say Thank you once again for helping us the first few days of our adoption visit. You really don't know how grateful we are! We look forward to seeing you again soon....hopefully around Thanksgiving!

Wayne